Planning Your St. George Island Wedding
St. George Island provides an astoundingly beautiful backdrop for the wedding of your dreams. Wedding planners, florists, rental companies, musicians, caterers, photographers, and beauticians are all available nearby. You don’t need a county permit to have your wedding on the beach at St. George Island or other locations in Franklin County.
Places On the Island to get Married
- On the beach of St. George Island – There are many public accesses to the beach. The pavilions at St. George Lighthouse Park (in the center of the island) are available on a first-come basis, as is the county park surrounding the lighthouse.
- First Baptist Church on St. George Island – on the Bay at the end of E. 5th St.. 501 E. Bayshore Dr. 850-927-2257
- St. George Island State Park – Many couples get married in the State Park. Most reserve one of the covered pavilions, but others simply marry on the beach. The park closes at sunset daily. 850-927-2111
- United Methodist Church on St. George Island – 201 E. Gulf Drive. 850-927-2088.
Florida Marriage Information
- A marriage license can be obtained by going to any courthouse in the State of Florida. You don’t have to apply in the same county in which you wish to marry.
- There is no waiting period for out-of-state residents. There is a 3 day waiting period for Florida residents unless they have attended marriage counseling classes.
- Applicants must be 18 years old and present valid photo id. Previously married persons must show a final divorce decree or a certified copy of a death certificate.
- No blood test or physical is required; the license fee is around $93.50 and must be paid in cash when the license is requested at the courthouse.
- The Franklin County Courthouse is located at 33 Market St., Apalachicola, FL 32329. For more info, contact the Clerk of the Court at www.franklinclerk.com.
- First Baptist Church – Pastor Mike Whaley. 501 E. Bayshore (on the bay), St. George Island 32328. 850-927-2257
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church - Father Roger Latosynski. 27 6th St. in Apalachicola. 8950- 653-2100
- Trinity Episcopal Church – Highway 98 & 6th St. in Apalachicola. 850- 653-9550
- United Methodist Church – Pastor Themo Patriotis. 201 E. Gulf Beach Dr. on St. George Island 32328. 850-927-2088
Cakes and Catering
- Dolore’s Sweet Shoppe – Dolores Roux, owner. Homemade pies, cakes and pastries. 48 Avenue D in Apalachicola 32320. 850-653-9081.
- LOCO Catering – When it’s time to feed the party. Specializing in low country boil, bar-b-que, raw oysters, and custom southern style meals. 850-927-2538
- My Caterer - Richard Langford. Custom-menu catering for special events including wedding receptions. Also event planning & private dining services. PO Box 362 Eastpoint 32328. email@example.com www.mycaterer.biz 850-899-0030
- Owl Café – Talk to Susan about wedding cakes. Corner of Ave. D and Commerce St. in Apalachicola. 850-653-9888. OwlCafe@yahoo.com
- Real Paella Catering - Authentic apellas cooked on site. Dinners can also include tapas, salad, sangria, desserts, and live music. 850-980-1650. www.RealPaella.com
- Tamara’s Café Floridita – Glad to cater your wedding or bridal shower. Talk to Danny or Marisa. In Apalachicola. 850-653-4111. www.tamarascafe.com
Florists, Rentals, & Wedding Consultants
- At Your Service – Concierge & courier services including wedding officiating & coordinating (caterers, bartenders, beach & tropical locations, weddings at sea). 850-591-5255.
- Bayside Weddings & Events – Amy Price, Wedding Consultant/owner. Complete wedding planning & coordination including rentals. 800-929-8931. www.baysidegalleryandflorist.com
- Croom's Transportation - To airport & bus stations. Daily express packaging, taxi & bus service. Special charter rates. Limousine service. 850-653-2466 or 850-653-8132.
- Party Rental Company – Rental equipment for weddings including linens, tables, chairs, candelabras, candles, tents, dishes, glasses, silverware, & buffet pieces. In Eastpoint at 35 Island Dr, 32328. 850-670-8686 or 888-670-8686 www.PartyRentalCompany.com
- St. George Island Beach Weddings - Sue Cox, owner & consultant. Wedding planning start to finish, including flowers. Sue has been a wedding planner and consultant in the area for 11 years and was a florist before that. Known for her attention to detail. 850-653-4211 or 865-223-4381 cell. www.stgeorgeislandbeachweddings.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Hair, Face & Nails – for the bride or wedding party
- Andrea’s – Nails, tanning, gifts, hair, mineral make-up in Apalachicola. 850-653-9522
- Le Debut Skin Care Salon – Diane Kane, licensed skin care specialist. Facials, waxing, glycolic treatments, reiki, ear candling, airbrush tanning. 130 Ave. F in Apalachicola 32320. 850-653-1500 or 850-653-2190.
- Palace Day Spa – Nails, waxing, pedicures, tanning, and hair care by Shaula. 407 Hwy. 98 in Eastpoint 32328. 850-270-3777.
- Stacy’s Hair Design – Stacy Williams, Stylist. Hair care, manicures, pedicures & acrylics. PO Box 977 / 347 Hwy 98 in Eastpoint. 32328. 850-670-1772.
- The Cut - Kelley Carrell or Patti Reynolds. 140-E W. 1st St. / St. George Island 32328. 850-927-3500 or 888-895-8895.
- Unique Nails & More – Debbie Flowers, owner. PO Box 736/ 347 Hwy 98 in Eastpoint. 32328. 850-670-4000
Music for the wedding or reception
- Carol Harris – solo guitar for weddings and special occasions. Wombat Sound Music Store. Now on Market St. in Apalachicola 32320. 850-653-3871 or 850-653-2695. email@example.com.
- Martin Hammond – vocals and guitar. Musical entertainment to enhance your dining or party experience. 850-625-9768
- The Uncle Roy Show – Musical mayhem, humor and pure fun. A jumble of South American sounds, island influences, downhome folk, jazz and rock. St. George Island, 850-927-4023. www.theuncleroyshow.com
- A-1 Beach Photography (by Georgette Colson) - Since 1991 Weddings, Engagements, Family, Children, Parties, Events, Corporate Meetings, etc. Captured in Color or B&W along Florida's Shoreline. 850-653-2098 www.stgeorgeislandsunsetweddings.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mandi Singer Photography - 850-899-3263. www.MandiSinger.com MandiSPhotography@gmail.com
- Royce Rolstad Photography - Weddings and beach portraits, special occasions. 850-653-5586 www.roycerolstadphotography.com
- Thomas Maddi Photography - Artistic weddings, beautiful beach portraits and fine art, Florida landscape photography. 850-570-7747. www.ThomasMaddi.com
- Wedding Videography stgeorgeislandweddingvideos.com (Howard Reeder) - From beach weddings to church weddings, professional work at reasonable prices. 3 camcorders. Call Howard at 850-653-9661, Cell 850-247-8495 or 850-247-8502. info@AndreaAmison.com
Places for the Reception
- Buccaneer Inn – The conference room opens onto a courtyard and is a pool-side facility. Seats 75+ and is equipped with a full-size refrigerator and a sink. 160 W. Gorrie Drive on St. George Island. 800-847-2091 www.buccinn.com
- Camellia Hall – the meeting/reception room of the Coombs House Inn, an elegant Victorian mansion. Features antique accents and a wall of French doors opening to a veranda, lush gardens and a classic gazebo. Accommodates 60–100. Catering can be provided. 80 6th St. in Apalachicola 32320. 850-653-9199. www.coombshouseinn.com
- Carrabelle Boat Club clubhouse. 1570 Hwy 98 W in Carrabelle. 850-697-5500 or Amy Kilgore’s cell: 850-766-0355. Includes a relaxing veranda with a great view of the region, a bar, caterer's kitchen, fireplace and showers.
- The Crooked River Grill at St. James Bay golf course community – features full banquet facilities and a gazebo making it an ideal setting for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, and bridal luncheons. 850-697-5050 ww.stjamesbay.com Located 6 mi. east of Carrabelle. Can create customized wedding packages.
- Gibson Inn – the grand dining room is popular for wedding parties. The Gibson is a restored Victorian Inn in Apalachicola with 30 rooms. PO Box 221/ 51 Ave. C 32329. www.gibsoninn.com 850-653-2191
- Harry A's Courtyard - large outdoor courtyard with a bar, stage and lots of seating. 28 W. Bayshore Dr. on St. George Island. 850-927-3400. www.harryasrestaurant.com
- Owl Café – River view, large party accommodations, full service bar. Corner of Ave. D and Commerce St. in Apalachicola. 850-653-9888. OwlCafe@yahoo.com
- St. George Island Firehouse (upstairs) – Call Jayne Bamburg at 850-653-6735.